This Cardboard Camera Craft is a ton of fun!
Who doesn’t love an easy recycled craft idea using cardboard? With simple instructions and basic materials, these camera’s are totally customizable too! Use different colors and types of string, choose different patterns for the card stock and more! Each one will look so different and unique!
RELATED: Button Turtle Craft (VIDEO)
watch this quick tutorial
All activities should be supervised by an adult. This post contains affiliate links- this just means I earn a small commission if you purchase via links below, no extra cost to you! Read our disclosure policy here.
- Craft scissors
- Scrap booking paper (use an assortment of prints like this)
- Glue stick
- Single hole punch
- Lids (two different sizes to trace, approximately one being 1 inch and the other slightly bigger )
- Craft knife + mat
- Brown permanent marker
- Begin by drawing a rectangle on the cardboard using a pencil (about 3″ x 4″). Draw a little button at the top left edge. Cut out using scissors.
- Using the craft knife, cut out a little rectangle for the viewfinder (little window to look through).
- Cut a desired print of card stock into a long strip (about 1 1/2 inches wide). Glue around the camera.
- Next, trace and cut out two circles. Glue one on top of the other to the right side of the camera on the printed card stock.
- Make two holes at the sides of the camera using the single hole punch and thread a long piece of string, secure.
- Lastly, using the brown permanent marker, color the button, trace around the viewfinder and inside the lens circle.
TIP- since these camera’s have a string kids will put around their necks, please supervise the child. Alternatively, get rid of the string and you’re good to go!
more cardboard crafts for kids
Create these adorable Recycled Bees using cardboard and a few craft supplies!
If you have cardboard at home, make these fluffy sheep for your next craft.