This Watercolor Leaf Art is the perfect nature-inspired craft idea that is great for kids of any age!
All you need is an assortment of leaves (go on a leaf hunt!), watercolors and watercolor paper, that’s all! Kids will love choosing the colors for each leaf and coming up with their own patterns and designs for their art. This craft is great for creativity along with many other important skills! Be sure to take a peak below to see what your child is learning and improving!
The best part about this craft, is how easy it is to prep! This craft is great as a quick boredom buster, for preschool art time or to simply keep your little ones occupied!
RELATED: Leaf Symmetry Activity
Watch this videoAll activities should be supervised by an adult. This post contains affiliate links- this just means I earn a small commission if you purchase via links below, no extra cost to you! Read our disclosure policy here.
- Watercolor paper
- Watercolors (similar; these look great and include paintbrushes in the set!)
- Leaves (try to find an assorted selection of different types of leaves!)
- Cup/bowl with water
- Using the watercolors and a paintbrush, let the kids paint a leaf, making sure to get every corner of the leaf.
- Now stamp the leaf carefully onto the watercolor paper, pressing down and waiting a bit. Peel away the leaf to reveal your beautiful leaf print!
- Repeat with each leaf. You can also wash the leaves under water and re-use!
TIP- Use different colors for each leaf to make a beautiful, colorful art!
more watercolor crafts for kids
Kids will love this Watercolor Solar System Craft!
Another idea little ones might like is this Watercolor Star Craft! Easy to prep and so fun!
What is my child learning and improving?
- Creativity (choosing watercolor colors, leaves to stamp)
- Fine motor skills (holding the paintbrush, stamping the leaf)
- Hand-eye coordination (painting, stamping)