This Button Turtle Craft is a fun recycled crafts idea for kids!
All you need is a piece of cardboard, assorted buttons, glue and craft scissors to create these adorable turtles. This craft is perfect for fine motor skills and creativity. Kids can use the assorted buttons to decorate the tops of their turtles, choosing colors and patterns!
RELATED: Button Color Sort Activity
watch this quick tutorial
All activities should be supervised by an adult. This post contains affiliate links- this just means I earn a small commission if you purchase via links below, no extra cost to you! Read our disclosure policy here.
- Buttons (assorted)
- Liquid school glue
- Craft knife + mat
- Permanent marker
- Using the craft knife and mat, cut a circle of about 3 inches, 5 semi ovals (1 inch each) and a small pointy triangle out of the cardboard. These will be the body, legs, head and tail.
- Next, let the kids construct the turtle. Glue the head, legs and tail to the underside of the body. Let dry a bit to firm up.
- Now flip over and decorate the top of the turtle by gluing the assorted buttons. Let dry.
- Lastly, using the permanent marker, draw the eyes and smile for the turtle.
TIP- using assorted buttons allows kids to pick and choose which color they want to glue. They can come up with patterns using sizes, colors, etc. The creative possibilities are endless!
more cardboard crafts for kids
Make these bee-utiful bees using cardboard! Pair it with this Honeybee book for more fun!
Head outside for this lovely Cardboard Window Wildflower Craft!
What is my child learning and improving?
- Fine motor skills (gluing, picking up the buttons)
- Creativity (choosing the colors of the buttons, coming up with designs, patterns, etc.)
Leave a Reply