This Paper Bag Haircuts Activity is a fun way to use up those paper bags you bring from the grocery store!
I love using materials I have on hand. Whether it’s a paper roll, cardboard or egg cartons, I’m always thinking of creative ways to use it up. It saves time, money and any other hassle you might stumble upon with an overly-complicated craft. Simplicity is often times the best with little kids. Being creative and using recycled materials allows kids to see how you can use something you would usually just toss in the trash, in a fun and creative way!
These Paper Bag Haircuts will get kids excited! It’s super fun, silly, simple, you name it. It’s also great for building and improving scissors skills, fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination. Take a look below for a short material list and instructions as well as the areas of development children are working on.
RELATED: Silly Paper Roll Haircuts Activity
Watch this video
All activities should be supervised by an adult. This post contains affiliate links- this just means I earn a small commission if you purchase via links below, no extra cost to you! Read our disclosure policy here.
- Using the craft scissors, cut out large rectangles out of a paper bag, about 4″ x 5″.
- Next, make deep slits in one of the short ends of the rectangle.
- Lastly, using the permanent marker draw silly faces on each paper bag rectangle.
more scissor skills activities for kids
Make these Butterfly Scissor Skills Activity!
Try this Ribbon Cutting Tray for some scissors fun!
What is my child learning and improving?
- Fine motor skills (using the scissors, holding the paper bag)
- Hand-eye coordination (using scissors)