This beautiful Fingerprint Lupine Craft uses an easy technique of finger painting kids will love!
It’s really easy to set up! You’ll need finger paint, watercolors, white card stock and a paintbrush and you’re ready to paint! This craft is perfect for both toddlers and preschoolers and helps kids exercise important skills while having fun!
RELATED: Tissue Paper Lilac Craft
watch this craft idea for kidsAll activities should be supervised by an adult. This post contains affiliate links- this just means I earn a small commission if you purchase via links below, no extra cost to you! Read our disclosure policy here.
- Finger paint (purples, pinks)
- White card stock
- Prep the finger paint (if you need to) by placing a little bit of purple and pink paint onto a plate.
- First, using the paintbrush and green watercolors, draw a few long stems and leaves for the lupines.
- Next, using the finger paint, make fingerprints with purple/pink paint starting at the top and going half way to the bottom of the stem. Make sure you stamp wider towards the bottom of the flower and narrower at the top. Let dry.
TIP- we found it to be beautiful if the purples and pinks combined a little bit on the finger. This creates a beautiful two tones lupine!
more flower crafts
Do you have tissue paper at home? Try this Cherry Blossom Craft!
Or if you have celery going bad, why not use the ends and make these gorgeous Celery Stamped Roses!
What is my child learning and improving?
- Sensory (making fingerprints, feeling the different textures of paper, paint)
- Fine motor skills (making the fingerprints, holding the paintbrush)
Leave a Reply