This Silly Paper Roll Haircuts activity was THE BEST IDEA to keep my 3 year old busy while I prepped lunch. It was brilliant!
I always save paper rolls for future crafts and activities, so I’ve had a few laying around. I took one look at them the other day and knew what I was going to make. My son loved giving haircuts to these guys and I knew in my mama brain that he was exercising and developing some important skills!
Take a look below to see how short the material list is, in fact you probably have all of the materials at home! And the steps for creating these Silly Paper Roll Haircuts are a breeze.
RELATED: Paper Bag Haircuts Activity
All activities should be supervised by an adult. This post contains affiliate links- this just means I earn a small commission if you purchase via links below, no extra cost to you! Read our disclosure policy here.
Materials FOR silly paper roll haircuts:
- Simply make deep slits in the paper roll all around using craft scissors (this step is for adults).
- Bend them all down (optional, but I think they look more funky and silly this way).
- Using the permanent marker, draw a silly face on each paper roll.
It’s haircut time! Have the toddlers use kid-safe scissors to give these little guys a hair trim!
What is my child learning and improving?
- Fine motor skills (OF COURSE! Toddlers are using kid-safe scissors to cut the paper roll, exercising and strengthening their little fingers).
- Small motor skills (while using the scissors and holding the little paper roll man kids are twisting their wrists and moving their arms).
- Hand-eye coordination (cutting the paper roll slits carefully, where the toddler wants).
- Creativity + imagination
- Focus + concentration
TIP- this activity is awesome if you need the kids to stay busy for a bit. Make as many paper roll guys are you want and that should do it. 😉
Leave a Reply