This Building Popsicle Stick Shapes Activity is super simple to prep! You’ll only need 2 craft supplies and a couple minutes to set these up.
Kids are going to love these! Each popsicle stick end has a velcro part on it which makes building shapes so much fun! Add in any type of manipulatives to encourage cognitive skills (copy and analyze shapes, make predictions and compare) and you’ve got a super fun, educational activity for toddlers and preschoolers.
These Velcro Popsicle Sticks are great to keep on hand. Whip them out when ever the kids need a few minutes of quiet time or if you need them to stay busy for a bit!
RELATED: Popsicle Stick Shape Puzzles
All activities should be supervised by an adult. This post contains affiliate links- this just means I earn a small commission if you purchase via links below, no extra cost to you! Read our disclosure policy here.
materials for Building Popsicle Stick Shapes Activity:
- Onto each popsicle stick, stick a set of velcro. One at one end, flip the popsicle stick and add the other at the other end.
More popsicle stick ideas your kids will love!
Make these fun Popsicle Stick Number Puzzles! Similar to our Popsicle Stick Shape Puzzles, there work on cognitive skills, fine motor skills as well as help the child familiarize and memorize numbers!
Try this Popsicle Stick + Clothespin Colour Match too!
What is my child learning and improving?
- Cognitive skills (analyzing each shape manipulative, copying, thinking, comparing, predicting, sticking the velcro to the right pair)
- Fine motor skills (picking up the popsicle sticks, building)
- Hand-eye coordination (sticking the velcro to the right pair)
- Independence + concentration + focus
watch this video
Make this super simple Building Popsicle Stick Shapes Activity today!