This Torn Paper Ornament Craft is the perfect craft for Christmas! It’s easy enough for toddlers to do, doesn’t require many craft supplies and looks super festive!
This craft was inspired by one of our most popular crafts on the blog, Torn Paper Snowflake Craft. And it’s a great one! Both of those crafts work on creativity, fine motor skills and lots more! All you need for this craft is craft paper, glue and a ribbon. You can create any shape or form for the ornament and use any desired colors. BE CREATIVE! I even thought of incorporating glitter, somehow, but I think next time, because these look great as is!
RELATED: TORN PAPER SNOWFLAKE CRAFT
take a peak at this fun tutorial
All activities should be supervised by an adult. This post contains affiliate links- this just means I earn a small commission if you purchase via links below, no extra cost to you! Read our disclosure policy here.
- Construction paper (any color, pattern you want)
- White cardstock
- Glue stick
- String or ribbon
- Pencil or marker
- Start by drawing a large circle on the white cardstock. You can leave the circle plain or create a simple pattern of choice for the ornament.
- Now, tear a few pieces of paper into small pieces (about .5″ x .5″). Use Christmas colors like green, red, gold, blues, teals, silver, etc.
- Now the fun part! Let your kids glue on the torn pieces of paper in a desired pattern and colors of choice. This craft doesn’t have to look perfect, but the idea is for the ornament to look a bit mosaic. Let dry.
- Next, cut a string or ribbon and glue to the paper above the ornament. Lastly, cut a piece of yellow or gold paper to add to the top of the ornament and cover the ends of the strings.
take a look at these fun winter activities
Create these Cardboard Winter Trees for a festive, glittery craft!
Color these Ornaments for a fun holiday activity!
Have fun creating these Torn Paper Ornaments! Leave a comment if you enjoyed this craft!