This Recycled Watercolor Gingerbread House Craft uses grocery paper bags, watercolor paper and a few simple craft supplies you probably already have!
Create these adorable little gingerbread houses by decorating them with dots, hearts, swirls and twirls! Glue them onto a snowy watercolor painted paper and done, you have a gingerbread house in a winter wonderland!
related: 50+ RECYCLED CRAFTS
watch this fun videoAll activities should be supervised by an adult. This post contains affiliate links- this just means I earn a small commission if you purchase via links below, no extra cost to you! Read our disclosure policy here.
- Start by cutting out the gingerbread house using the grocery paper bag and scissors. There are many different variations of gingerbread houses, so you can’t go wrong here.
- Now using the chalk marker add windows, a door and some designs! Go for polka dots, twirls, swirls, wavy lines and hearts. They all look good! The key is to make the gingerbread house look busy with every possible design you can think of.
- Next, using the watercolors and watercolor paper, add a hint of light blue to the whole paper for a frosty winter look. Let dry.
- Once dried, glue the gingerbread house to the dried watercolor paper.
- Now the fun step, using the glue add streaks of it across the blue sky and the ground. Add glitter, shake off excess and let dry. So frosty!
More wintery crafts you will love
Try this Pom-pom Stamped Winter Tree Craft!
Take a peak at this list of 40+ Cardboard Ideas for Kids!
i hope you enjoyed this wintery craft idea!