Are you looking for a simply-to-prep learning activity for your little ones? This Popsicle Hole Punching Activity is a must!
Counting doesn’t have to be boring. In fact, counting is a ton of fun when you MAKE it fun! Kids love bright and exciting learning activities vs muted boring ones. This one IS FUN! This Popsicle Hole Punching Activity is perfect for spring and summer and offers kids a fun and exciting way to learn and familiarize numbers and counting!
This activity will take you about 5 minutes to prep and you probably have all the materials needed right at home! We’re using a single hole punch here and kids will love that idea!
RELATED: Christmas Tree hole punching count activity
watch this fun video
All activities should be supervised by an adult. This post contains affiliate links- this just means I earn a small commission if you purchase via links below, no extra cost to you! Read our disclosure policy here.
- Using the scissors, cut out 10 popsicles (or as many popsicles as you want), out of the colored cardstock. Optional- you can create a “bite” on each popsicle for fun, but that’s totally optional.
- Now, using the glue gun, glue a wooden craft stick to the back of the popsicles. Let set. *This step is for adults only*
- At this point, based on the age of your child you can either write a single number at the bottom of the popsicle or write a simple equation, like 2 + 2 = on each popsicle. We did numbers 10-19.
- Now the fun part! Let your child use the single hole punch to create and count the holes in each popsicle!
more counting activities kids will love
Try this Counting Ladybug Spots Activity!
Or give this Ice Cream Sprinkles Count a try!
What is my child learning?
- Numbers (visually seeing numbers written out, memorizing and familiarizing numbers as they appear)
- Counting (counting the holes they make, verbally saying the numbers out loud, familiarizing with simple equations)
- Fine motor skills (hole punching takes skills and strength! Holding and pressing the hole punch)
- Hand-eye coordination
Leave a Reply