If you are looking for a fun and easy Earth Day activity, try this Paper Towel Earth Activity!
Like creating tie-dyes, these fun paper towel earths are a blast to make! We are using only 5 materials for this activity and no prep time! You’ll need a paper towel, spray bottle, washable kids markers and a rubber elastic. The process for making these planets includes using a spray bottle, which is always fun for little ones!
watch this earth craft tutorial
All activities should be supervised by an adult. This post contains affiliate links- this just means I earn a small commission if you purchase via links below, no extra cost to you! Read our disclosure policy here.
materials for paper towel earth activity:
- Start by cutting out a circle out of the paper towel. These planets can be any size you’d like! We kept ours about 4 inches in diameter.
- Next, roll or scrunch up the paper towel circle and secure with a rubber elastic.
- Using the blue and green washable kids markers, paint the paper towel from all sides.
- Next, use the spray bottle to spray the colored paper towel. Don’t over saturate. Spray just until you see the marker inks blend.
TIP- it helps to take off the rubber elastic mid way and spray a little more into the dry areas for the colors to blend into any white parts of the paper towel.
- Now unfold the paper towel and see your planet earth creations!
what is my child learning?
- Fine motor skills (folding up the paper towel, using the marker and sprayer)
- Following instructions
- Watching reactions of the two color inks blending
more fun paper towel ideas kids will love!
Loved this earth activity? Try this Paper Towel Tie Dye Activity too!
Or give this Christmas Paper Towel Reveal Activity a try!
I hope you enjoy EARTH DAY!