If you are looking for a super easy Easter or spring activity for your little ones, you will love these Dotted Easter Eggs! This activity is so quick to prep and requires only a few basic materials.
WATCH THIS VIDEO
All activities should be supervised by an adult. This post contains affiliate links- this just means I earn a small commission if you purchase via links below, no extra cost to you! Read our disclosure policy here.
- Using the pencil, draw an egg on the white cardstock. The size of the egg can be whatever you choose it to be, big or small!
- Next, cut out the egg using the craft scissors. You now have a stencil to use to create as many eggs you want.
- Add the desired washable kids paint to a paper plate. *I chose “Easter” colors like violet, light pink, light green and light blue*.
TIP- If you don’t have light shades of colors, just mix up some white into the paint to lighten it up!
- Now the fun part! Using the q-tips, “dot” designs onto the Easter eggs! BE CREATIVE!
You may also like these activities using q-tips!
Try this Q-tip Number Tracing Activity to help kids learn numbers!
Or make these Q-tip Dominoes for a fun game!
What is my child learning?
- Creative skills (let the little ones get as creative as they want, using different colors, creating different patterns)
- Patterns (you can talk about different patterns that you can dot on the egg; zig-zag, lines, curved lines, wavy lines, etc.)
- Colors (talk about the colors you’re using for this activity)
- Fine motor skills (q-tips are thin which helps to work on those fingers and grip, creating a perfect fine motor activity!)
I really hope you love this simple Dotted Easter Egg Activity!