Happy Valentine’s Day! This easy-to-make Valentine’s Day Doily Garland adds lovely decoration to any room! It’s easy to make for kids as young as toddlers to school aged and who doesn’t love painting doilies! Such a fun and unique painting activity for any kid.
You’ll need just a few materials to make this garland and with an exception of doilies, you may have all of the materials right at home! Take a peak below to see the list of materials and steps to create this garland!
RELATED: Leaf Garland
All activities should be supervised by an adult. This post contains affiliate links- this just means I earn a small commission if you purchase via links below, no extra cost to you! Read our disclosure policy here.
- Doilies (small)
- Watercolors + paintbrushes (similar)
- Craft scissors
- Wooden beads (similar)
- Single hole punch (optional)
- Cup with water
- Begin by cutting out the hearts out of the doilies. Easiest way to do this, is by folding one doily in half, cut out half a heart, unfold and you now have a stencil. Use it to cut out the rest of the hearts.
- Next, using the watercolors, paint the hearts using reds, pinks and purples. I thought it was a fun idea to make them “ombre”. Let the painted hearts dry completely.
- Once the doily hearts are dry you can either hole punch each heart or weave the string through the holes in the doily design.
- Weave the hearts and the wooden beads onto the string, alternating.
more ideas using doilies
Create these beautiful Doily Butterflies for your next craft!
How cute do these Doily Angels look? Take a peak at how to make them!
Leave a Reply