This Bee Counting Activity is a quick counting activity you can set up in under 5 minutes!
Who loves recycled crafts? I do! If I have a piece of cardboard box I’ll put it to good use for sure. And this counting activity I’m sharing with you today is one of those super simple, low-prep idea anyone can do. You’ll need a piece of cardboard, some bee stickers and scissors, that’s all!
RELATED: Ladybug Counting Activity
All activities should be supervised by an adult. This post contains affiliate links- this just means I earn a small commission if you purchase via links below, no extra cost to you! Read our disclosure policy here.
materials for Bee Counting Activity:
- Bee stickers
- Craft scissors OR craft knife + mat (use whatever you feel comfortable with, I used scissors)
- Number manipulatives (I got the number cubes from Target Dollar Spot, you can also use a dice)
- Using the scissors (or craft knife) cut out as many honeycombs as you want. I made 5 honeycombs.
- Prepare your number manipulatives and stickers.
The way we did this was we used a cube with different numbers on each side. My 3 year old simply rolled it and the number that was up was the number of bee stickers he had to place on the honeycomb. You can simply use a dice, but I wanted my son to see the number written out.
More counting activities for kids
Try this Counting Ladybug Spots Activity!
Combine fine motor skills and counting with this Pom-Pom Caterpillars Counting Activity
what is my child learning and improving?
- Counting (familiarizing with and memorizing the order of numbers)
- Numbers (visually seeing numbers and their quantities)
- Fine motor skills (peeling away and sticking the stickers)
- Hand-eye coordination