This Sponge Stamped Heart Tree Craft is a fun craft idea for kids of any age!
Kids will love this craft! First, they get to trace their own hand for the tree trunk and of course have fun filling it in with beautiful pink and purple hearts! It’s a lovely craft idea for any day, but simply perfect for Valentine’s Day. Turn these into cards too, for a fun and thoughtful card for the grandparents or teachers!
RELATED: Sponge Painted Sunflower Craft
WATCH THIS VIDEO
All activities should be supervised by an adult. This post contains affiliate links- this just means I earn a small commission if you purchase via links below, no extra cost to you! Read our disclosure policy here.
- Washable kids paint (pink, white, red, purple)
- Paper plate
- Q-tips (for mixing paints if needed)
- White cardstock
- Brown cardstock
- Craft scissors
- Glue stick
- Hot glue + glue sticks
- Wooden peg doll
- Begin by cutting out a heart from the sponge with the craft scissors. Make the heart about 1 inch wide.
- Next, hot glue the sponge heart onto the wooden peg doll. THIS STEP IS FOR ADULTS ONLY.
- Using the pencil, trace your child’s hand onto the brown paper and cut out. This will be the tree trunk.
- Glue the tree trunk onto the white cardstock.
- Now, place a little bit of each paint color onto a paper plate. I blended some colors to give me lighter pinks and purples.
- Lastly (THE FUN PART!), dip the sponge heart stamp into the paint and them stamp onto the white cardstock to create a beautiful, heart tree!
more valentine’s day crafts kids will love
Create a fun doily garland for some beautiful handmade home décor!
These Tissue Paper Hearts are super easy to make, requiring just a few materials!