This Lid Winter Scene Craft is both beautiful and fun to make!
We loved this craft idea, which, by the way, is a great way to use up any random bits and pieces of felt! It’s doable for both younger kids and older kids. For younger, pre-cut all of the felt pieces, so they can simply have fun putting it all together and adding the glitter! Older kids can use kid-safe scissors to cut out their own trees, houses and what ever else they can think of. Get creative! They will look super cute any way you put it!
Make them into ornaments or use as a decorative piece around the house. They also make a wonderful, handmade gift for friends and grandparents!
RELATED: Felt Button Art Activity
All activities should be supervised by an adult. This post contains affiliate links- this just means I earn a small commission if you purchase via links below, no extra cost to you! Read our disclosure policy here.
- Mason jar lids
- Felt (light blue, brown, white, green)
- Hot glue gun + glue sticks
- Glitter (gold, silver)
- Gel pen
- Craft scissors
- Liquid school glue
- Button (optional)
- Trace the mason jar lid on the light blue felt, cut out and hot glue to the lid.
- Next, get creative! Cut out evergreen trees out of green felt, tiny house out of brown felt, snowy hill out of white felt. Glue on top of the light blue felt. We also made smoke for the chimney using white felt and a little door for the house on which we used a gel pen to draw a door handle. Lasly, we glued a small white button onto the house.
- Now, using the q-tip, apply a thin layer of liquid school glue onto the snowy hill and trees. Sprinkle with gold or silver glitter. Let dry.
How stunning does this look?
more winter crafts for kids
Create a beautiful winter scene using just a few craft materials!
Who doesn’t love painting with pom-poms! Make this lovely Pom-pom Stamped Winter Tree!