This City Fireworks Craft is fun! Perfect for New Years, Memorial Day or Fourth of July!
Who loves crafts using recycled materials? We sure do here at Toddler at Play and this craft is just that! It is easy to prep, using a recycled material: cardboard, plus a few basic craft supplies you probably already have at home! The steps are simple and kids will love making the little squiggles out of the pipecleaners. Be sure to use the sparkly ones, as they create the perfect festive look for these fireworks!
Take a look below for the full list of materials and simple step-by-step instructions!
RELATED: Doily Fireworks Craft
All activities should be supervised by an adult. This post contains affiliate links- this just means I earn a small commission if you purchase via links below, no extra cost to you! Read our disclosure policy here.
- Yellow marker
- Liquid school glue
- Hot glue gun
- Sparkly pipecleaners (silver, gold, red, you can use other colors too!)
- Craft scissors
- Black card stock
- Cut the cardboard into rectangles in various sizes. These will be the buildings for your city. Cut them accordingly to the size of your card stock, leaving about half of the cardstock opened.
- Next, draw windows on each of the building using the yellow marker.
- Now, glue the buildings onto the card stock using liquid school glue. It’s helpful to place the glued buildings under several books to straighten out and set.
- Lastly, cut the pipecleaners into about 2 inches, wrap around a pencil and glue to the card stock above the buildings, using hot glue. Let set. THIS STEP IS FOR ADULTS ONLY.
more crafts using cardboard
Create these Cardboard Cameras using cardboard! Aren’t they cute?
Do your kids like puppets? Make these fun Woodland Animal Puppets!
RELATED: Fork Stamped Fireworks Craft
Create this spectacular fireworks show with your kids!