These Egg Carton Christmas Trees look gorgeous and festive but are quite simple to make!
Who doesn’t love a cute recycled craft? These egg carton trees are both fun to make and make a lovely mantle decor, Christmas tree ornaments or a great addition to any small world play setup! Kid’s will love making these!
RELATED: Egg Carton Mushroom Craft
All activities should be supervised by an adult. This post contains affiliate links- this just means I earn a small commission if you purchase via links below, no extra cost to you! Read our disclosure policy here.
- Egg cartons
- Kids watercolors
- Artificial snow
- Liquid school glue
- Craft scissors
- Hot glue gun + glue sticks
- Cut long rectangles out of the cardboard, roll together and hot glue. These will be the tree trunks.
- Using the craft scissors, cut the middle (triangle) sections of the egg carton out. Cut out as many as you need, each tree has 3 egg carton sections.
- Next, paint the egg carton sections using watercolors. I did pink and teal, but you can get creative! Let dry well.
- Now, using the craft scissors make deep slits on each egg carton section.
- Using the hot glue gun, glue 3 egg carton sections together. Hot glue the tree trunks. Let set.
- Lastly, using a paintbrush apply, randomly, a little bit of liquid school glue on the Christmas trees, sprinkle with artificial snow and let dry. Working over a paper plate keeps the mess to a minimum!
more christmas crafts kids will love
Have paper towel at home? Make these fun Christmas Paper Towel Reveals!
Create these nature-inspired Recycled Christmas Trees!
Leave a Reply