If you’re looking for an easy, low-prep Christmas craft, then look no further! This Recycled Christmas Tree Craft only requires a piece of cardboard, liquid school glue, Christmas tree branches and glittery foam balls.
Kids will love the simplicity of this craft. The steps are easy to follow for even the very littles ones. So grab the few materials listed below and craft on!
RELATED: Christmas Tree Branch Painting Activity
All activities should be supervised by an adult. This post contains affiliate links- this just means I earn a small commission if you purchase via links below, no extra cost to you! Read our disclosure policy here.
- Liquid school glue
- Gold foam balls (small)
- Craft scissors
- Christmas tree branches
- Paper plate
- Cut out a piece of cardboard to be approximately 4″x 6″.
- Next, trim the Christmas tree branches into various sizes.
- Next step is optional, but I always like to do this for little ones. Place the liquid school glue onto a paper plate and add a q-tip. This way the kids can easily apply the glue, rather than squeeze the glue bottle which may be difficult.
- Add a little bit of glue to the stem of the branch (not the needles) and glue to the cardboard. Create a Christmas tree by adding longer branches towards the bottom and shorter branches towards the top. Let set and dry.
- Lastly, glue the small glittery gold foam balls onto the Christmas tree. Let dry.
more fun cardboard crafts for kids you’ll love!
These Cardboard Camera’s are super fun to make!
Kids will love these adorable Cardboard Woodland Animal Puppets!
What is my child learning and improving?
- Fine motor skills (picking up the foam balls, holding the q-tip to glue)
- Hand-eye coordination (gluing)
- Diligent and focus
Leave a Reply