Kids are going to love this Handprint Turtle Craft!
This craft is perfect for toddlers, preschoolers, kindergartners and even older kids. These turtles are made by tracing and cutting out your child’s handprint! How adorable! Take a look at the simple instructions below, along with what areas of development your child is learning and improving, because every craft is a learning experience too!
RELATED: Button Turtle Craft
All activities should be supervised by an adult. This post contains affiliate links- this just means I earn a small commission if you purchase via links below, no extra cost to you! Read our disclosure policy here.
- Green card stock
- Craft scissors
- Small green pom-poms (about .5 of an inch size)
- Liquid school glue
- Googly eyes
- Paper plate
- Trace your child’s hand on the green card stock using a pen or pencil. When tracing the thumb, make it a little bit bigger, this will be the head.
- Next, cut out the handprint. Older kids can probably do this step on their own.
- Prepare the glue by placing a little bit of liquid school glue onto the paper plate and place the q-tip onto the plate. This step lets younger kids apply the glue more easily, but you can skip this step all together if your kids are able to squeeze the glue bottles with no problem.
- Next, glue the pom-poms onto the palm of the handprint. Let set.
- Lastly, add the googly eye, draw a smile with the pen and a few details on each foot.
more fun crafts for kids
Do you have bubble wrap at home? Wait, don’t toss it just yet! Make this Bubble Wrap Corn Craft!
Kids will love using paper rolls to make this Paper Roll Flower Craft!
What is my child learning and improving?
- Fine motor skills (holding the q-tip to glue, picking up the pom-poms, gluing the googly eye)
- Hand-eye coordination (gluing the pom-poms and googly eye)
Leave a Reply