Are you ready for a fun ice cream craft? This Cotton Round Ice Cream Craft will be your kids new favorite summer idea, guaranteed!
It’s super easy to set up too! All you need is a piece of cardboard and a few craft supplies and you’ve got this craft set up in under 5 minutes. Kids will love creating their own ice cream, choosing the colors for their ice cream scoops!
watch this fun videoAll activities should be supervised by an adult. This post contains affiliate links- this just means I earn a small commission if you purchase via links below, no extra cost to you! Read our disclosure policy here.
- Beige card stock
- Beige permanent marker or crayon
- Cotton rounds
- Food dye
- Liquid school glue
- Craft scissors
- Cups with water
- Begin by cutting the cardboard into a rectangle, approximately 6″ x 8″.
- Next, cut out a cone from the beige card stock and glue to the cardboard.
- Using the beige permanent marker or crayon, draw lines to make it look like a waffle cone.
- Next, glue 3 (or more if you’d like) cotton rounds on top of the cone, overlapping just a bit.
- Lastly, add desired food coloring into the cups with water and mix.
Let the kids use the dropper to paint the ice cream scoops!
more ice cream activities for kids
Using the same concept, make these lovely cotton ball ice cream cones!
Have fun learning to count with your little ones with this Sprinkles Ice Cream Count Activity!
what is my child learning and improving?
- Creativity (choosing which paint colors to use, etc. )
- Hand-eye coordination (using the dropper and coloring the cotton rounds)
- Fine motor skills (pinching the dropper, releasing the dropper)