These Cardboard Woodland Animal Puppets are a fun recycled craft idea for kids of any age.
Create these lovely woodland animal puppets using cardboard and a few basic craft supplies. Kids will love painting their animals and adding the pom-poms for the nose! These really do come out super adorable and I guarantee you, these will be used by your little ones for sure!
RELATED: Turkey Puppet Craft (quick tutorial)
watch this videoAll activities should be supervised by an adult. This post contains affiliate links- this just means I earn a small commission if you purchase via links below, no extra cost to you! Read our disclosure policy here.
- Craft scissors or craft knife/mat
- Washable kids paint (white and black)
- Fine tip paintbrush
- Small black pom-poms
- Popsicle sticks
- Hot glue gun
- Paper plate (optional)
- Using the craft scissors or craft knife/mat (which ever is easier for you), cut out a deer, bear and a fox out of the cardboard. THIS STEP IS FOR ADULTS.
- Next, place a little bit of black and white washable kids paint onto a paper plate (optional). You can simplify this step and dip the paintbrush right into the paint bottle, washing the paintbrush in between colors.
- Using the white paint, color in the ears for each animal and then parts of the face (refer to the picture below). Let the paint dry.
- Next, using the hot glue gun, glue the small black pom-poms for the noses. THIS STEP IS FOR ADULTS.
- Now, once the white paint has dried a bit, add the eyes using the black paint. Let dry.
- Lastly, using the hot glue gun, glue the popsicle stick to the black of each animal. THIS STEP IS FOR ADULTS.
MORE CARDBOARD CRAFTS KIDS WILL LOVE!
Get creative using cardboard with these Recycled Bees!
Make these sweet and fluffy Cardboard Sheep with an addition of a few cotton balls!