Do you have any mermaid fans in your home? If so, your little one might enjoy this Glittery Mermaid Tail Craft!
Design and create these adorable mermaid tails in any color of glitter you want! These are super easy to prepare and don’t require any fancy materials you may not have. In fact, one of the materials we’re using here is cardboard, making this a superb way to use up an old box you’re about to toss!
All activities should be supervised by an adult. This post contains affiliate links- this just means I earn a small commission if you purchase via links below, no extra cost to you! Read our disclosure policy here.
- Pencil or pen
- Glitter (assorted)
- Liquid school glue
- Paper plate
- Craft scissors or craft knife/mat
- Start by cutting out a square out of the cardboard, approximately 5″ x 5″.
- Next, using the pen/pencil draw a simple outline of a mermaid tail on the cardboard piece. Don’t worry about it being perfect!
- Prepare the glue, by placing a little bit of the liquid school glue onto a prepare plate.
- Let the kids use the q-tip to apply the glue over their mermaid tail and decorate with assorted glitter.
TIP- working over a paper plate keeps most of the glitter in one place! That’s always helpful!
more glitter crafts for kids
Collect some seashells and make these beautiful Glittery Seashells for your next craft!
Have fun learning to write with this Glitter Sensory Writing Pad!
watch this video
What is my child learning and improving?
- Hand-eye coordination (staying within the lines, applying glue and glitter)
- Fine motor skills (holding the q-tip to apply the glue, sprinkling the glitter)
- Creativity and imagination (using desired colors of glitter, coming up with different styles and patterns for the mermaid tail)