Get ready for a super sweet and silly craft idea your kids are going to love! It’s this Birds on a Wire Craft!
If you have finger paint at home, whip it out because these little birds are fingerprints! I suggest using an array of colors to make these birds colorful and oh so cheerful. Did I mention this craft literally takes one minute to set up? It also uses the most basic materials, which means you can quickly get this craft going without any long prep!
Have fun making your little birdies on a wire!
RELATED: Fingerprint Lupine Craft
watch this videoAll activities should be supervised by an adult. This post contains affiliate links- this just means I earn a small commission if you purchase via links below, no extra cost to you! Read our disclosure policy here.
- Card stock (light blue)
- Finger paint
- Permanent marker/fine point marker
- Paper plate
- First, place the desired colors of paint onto a paper plate.
- Using the permanent markers, draw power lines. You don’t have to make them perfect, just a few power lines for the birdies to sit on 🙂
- Next, using the assorted finger paint, make fingerprints on the wires. Make as many fingerprints as you want.
- Once the paint has dried, draw little beaks and feet using the fine point marker.
More finger paint crafts and activities
Have fun learning to count with this super easy and fun Ice Cream Sprinkles Count!
Use finger paint for this adorable Handprint Carrot Craft!
What is my child learning and improving?
- Sensory (painting with fingers, stamping onto paper)
- Fine motor skills (making thumbprints, drawing the feet and beaks on each bird)
- Creativity (picking which paint to use)
This craft is great for even the very little ones. This craft, like any, doesn’t have to come out super perfect without any smudges and mistakes. Simply, enjoy the process and remember to have fun using colorful, bright colors to make these birds full of cheer!
Leave a Reply