This Paper Plate Peacock Craft is a fun paper plate craft for kids!
Paper plates are so versatile! There’s so many crafts using a paper plate to choose from and this peacock craft is another one to the mix! Kids will love the technique used to make the appearance for the peacock, make sure to take a look below to see how!
For this craft, you’re using basic craft supplies plus stuff you can find around the house, like clothespin and paper rolls. The list of materials may look overwhelming at first, but in all honestly, you probably have most, if not all, of the materials at home. For decorating the peacock, you can use anything in place of the sequins. Even glitter looks great! Get as creative as you can to make these peacocks look super fancy.
RELATED: Butterfly Paper Plate Threading Craft
watch this video
All activities should be supervised by an adult. This post contains affiliate links- this just means I earn a small commission if you purchase via links below, no extra cost to you! Read our disclosure policy here.
- Paper plates
- Washable kids paint (purple, blue)
- Liquid school glue
- Feathers (purples, blues, greens, yellows)
- Hot glue gun
- Googly eyes
- Craft scissors
- Paper roll
- Pipecleaner (white)
- Cut the paper plate in half.
- Add the washable kids paint onto a paper plate and pinch the pom-pom in a clothespin.
- Color the cut paper plate using the pom-pom and purple/blue paint. Pom-pom gives the peacock a super cool look! Let dry.
- Using the liquid school glue and sequins, decorate the peacock in any way you want. Let the glue set.
- Once the glue has set, hot glue the feathers to the back of the paper plate. THIS STEP IS FOR ADULTS.
- Next, cut the paper roll to about 2-3 inches long. Add 1 inch slits on one end of the paper roll, both sides.
- Cut the pipecleaner into 3 strips, about 3 inch long each. Glue to the inside of the paper roll.
- Add the googly eyes using the liquid school glue as well as the beak. You can make a simple beak from the other half of the paper plate. Let glue set.
- Once the glue has set, insert the painted paper plate into the slits of the paper roll.
more fun paper plate crafts for kids
Create these adorable bunnies using a paper plate and few basic craft supplies!
Take a look at these Paper Plate Caterpillars! Kids will love this easy and fun craft.
Leave a Reply