Do you have toy dinosaurs at home? Try this Dinosaur Footprint Painting Activity with your kids!
This activity is one of the fastest activities you can set up! In addition to it being super easy and quick, it also requires only paint, dino’s, paper plate and a piece of brown paper roll, most of which you probably have at home already! Kids will love to dip the dinosaurs feet into the paint and make fun, colorful footprints! Get creative. Make colorful patterns, trails, stamp by size, etc. The possibilities are endless, which means kids will stay busy with this activity long enough!
Who doesn’t love a quick way to entertain kids and keep them occupied and busy? Take a peak below for full list of materials and more!
RELATED: Dino Play-dough Match Activity
All activities should be supervised by an adult. This post contains affiliate links- this just means I earn a small commission if you purchase via links below, no extra cost to you! Read our disclosure policy here.
- Washable kids paint
- Dinosaur toys (linked similar, take a look at these baby dino’s!)
- Paper plate
- Brown paper roll or card stock
- Place a little bit of each paint color onto the paper plate. The more colors the merrier!
- Allow kids to dip the feet of the dinosaurs and stamp them onto the paper.
TIP- using brown paper roll or card stock makes it look like dinosaur footprints in mud!
more dinosaur ideas
Do your dinosaurs need a quick bath? Try this fun Dino Wash Activity to tidy up those little fellas once in a while! Kids will love this idea!
Have fun learning how to count with this fun Dino Ten Frame!
watch this video
what is my child learning and improving?
- Creativity (choosing which dinosaurs to stamp, what colors to choose, what patterns to make)
- Fine motor skills (holding the dinosaurs, dipping and stamping them)
- Hand-eye coordination (dipping the feet of the dinosaurs into the paint)