Do you save egg cartons? If you don’t, then you’re about to find a reason to! This Egg Carton Mushroom Craft is a super simple to prep, toddler-approved craft that is both fun and easy!
These little egg carton mushrooms are adorable. Use them along in mushroom, earth or fungi study units or better yet, create a nature-inspired small world play for little kids to explore (like this one).
Kids of all ages will love this craft. The steps are super easy to follow and the process fun!
RELATED: Egg Carton Pom-pom Color Sort
All activities should be supervised by an adult. This post contains affiliate links- this just means I earn a small commission if you purchase via links below, no extra cost to you! Read our disclosure policy here.
- Egg carton
- Craft scissors
- Washable kids paint (red and white)
- Paper plate
- Hot glue gun + glue sticks
- Begin by cutting the egg carton. You’ll need the egg carton sections (these will be the mushroom caps) and the separators (these will be the mushroom stems). Cut out as many as you need. THIS STEP IS FOR ADULTS ONLY.
- Next, paint the caps of the mushrooms red, working over a paper plate to make clean up easier. Let dry.
- Once the red paint is completely dry, use a q-tip to make small white dots all over the mushroom cap. Let dry.
- Next, hot glue the caps to the mushroom stem and your little mushroom is oh, so done!
more egg carton crafts
These Recycled Ants are another easy craft that uses egg cartons. Pair it with this book for a fun bookish craft!
If you’re looking for a simple kids experiment, try these Egg Carton Volcanoes with quick video tutorial!
Leave a Reply