This Button Flower Craft is a simple and creative way to use buttons! Kids will love picking and choosing the colors of the buttons, coming up with their own unique button flower garden!
It’s super easy to prep and doesn’t require any fancy materials. This craft is perfect for improving fine motor skills along with sparking that wonderful creativity!
RELATED: Button Color Sort Activity
watch this video
All activities should be supervised by an adult. This post contains affiliate links- this just means I earn a small commission if you purchase via links below, no extra cost to you! Read our disclosure policy here.
- Card stock (light blue and green)
- Assorted buttons
- Liquid school glue
- Paper plate
- Craft scissors
- Green permanent marker (crayon or colored pencil)
- Begin by drawing out simple grass outline on the green card stock using a pencil, holding the paper horizontally. Cut out the grass.
- Draw stems for the flowers using a green permanent marker on the blue card stock. Alternatively, you can use a green crayon or colored pencil.
- Next, glue the grass to the light blue paper, horizontally.
- Now, place a little bit of the liquid school glue onto the paper plate and arrange the q-tips. This avoids little ones dealing with the squeezable glue bottles, which can be tough for little hands to handle.
- Glue the assorted buttons to make flowers.
more activities using buttons
These adorable Button Turtles are another creative way to use buttons! Quick tutorial available!
Try this Button Number Match Activity using an egg carton for some simple matching fun!
What is my child learning and improving?
- Hand-eye coordination (gluing the buttons in the right spot)
- Fine motor skills (gluing, picking up the buttons)
- Creativity (coming up with a design, color theme, button patterns)
Leave a Reply