Explore the colors of nature with this Outdoor Magnifying Glass Color Hunt!
It’s super quick to prep and doesn’t require any fancy materials you might not have. That’s always a win! This activity is the perfect idea to bring a bit of fun outdoors and explore the nature around us. All you need to create these colored magnifying glasses is assorted card stock, popsicle sticks, hot glue gun and a pair of scissors.
Kid’s will love searching their surroundings for colorful flowers, plants and trees! Even though this activity is great for outdoors to help kids explore nature, it’s also fun for indoors! Kids can go on an indoor hunt to find matching colors at home!
RELATED: 100+ Outdoor Activities for Kids
watch this videoAll activities should be supervised by an adult. This post contains affiliate links- this just means I earn a small commission if you purchase via links below, no extra cost to you! Read our disclosure policy here.
- Begin by tracing the lid on the assorted colors of card stock. Use pinks, purples, green, brown, any color of nature. Cut out.
- Next, bend the circles slightly and cut out a middle. You can eyeball it or use something smaller than the lid by about 1/2 inch to trace and cut out.
- Now, cut the popsicle sticks in half and glue to one side of the circle to get a “magnifying glass”.
more hunting activities for kids
Try this House Color Scavenger Hunt if you’re stuck indoors on a rainy day!
Go on a hunt for wildflowers with this Wildflower Hunt Activity!
what is my child learning and improving?
- Colors (this activity help kids observe the nature around them and the colors of it)
- Gross motor skills (searching, bending, running, walking)
- Fine motor skills (holding the magnifying glasses)