Want an easy and fun patriotic craft idea for kids? This Popsicle Stick American Flag Craft is it!
Kids will love creating their own little popsicle stick flags and waving them when they’re finished. The steps are quite easy, with adults handling the hot glue gun, these flags can be easily done with kids of any age. This craft is perfect for Memorial Day, 4th of July or any time you want a bit of patriotism in your life!
RELATED: Cotton Ball American Flag Craft
Watch this videoAll activities should be supervised by an adult. This post contains affiliate links- this just means I earn a small commission if you purchase via links below, no extra cost to you! Read our disclosure policy here.
- Popsicle sticks (8 regular size)
- Jumbo popsicle stick
- Washable kids paint (red, white)
- Foam paintbrush
- Card stock (blue, white)
- Star hand punch
- Hot glue gun
- Craft scissors
- Glue stick
- Add the paint to a paper plate and set the foam brushes. Paint 4 popsicle sticks white and 4 popsicle sticks red. Let dry.
- While the popsicle sticks are drying, cut out a small rectangle out of the blue card stock (about 1″ x 1.5″).
- Using the star hand punch, make several stars out of the white card stock.
- Using a glue stick, glue the stars to the blue rectangle.
- Once the popsicle sticks are dry, glue them using the hot glue gun to the jumbo popsicle stick. THIS STEP IS FOR ADULTS ONLY.
- Hot glue the blue rectangle with stars to the upper left corner of the flag. THIS STEP IS FOR ADULTS ONLY.
more popsicle stick crafts and activities for kids
Learn colors and numbers with this fun Popsicle Stick + Clothespin Color Match Activity!
Make these lovely Popsicle Stick Ballerina’s! You can use any scrap-booking paper you wish for their skirts.
Leave a Reply