This Dino Play-dough Match Activity is very easy to set up. In fact, you’ll need just two things to get this activity going, play-dough and toy dinosaurs.
Kids will love this sensory match activity! Who doesn’t love a good match game? This is so easy to set up and totally inexpensive. We make our own play-dough using natural food dyes. Be sure to check it out!
This activity is perfect for toddlers and preschoolers and helps kids improve cognitive skills as well as introduce sensory play. This dino match will keep kids busy and happy for sure!
watch this video for inspirationAll activities should be supervised by an adult. This post contains affiliate links- this just means I earn a small commission if you purchase via links below, no extra cost to you! Read our disclosure policy here.
- Flatten the play-dough into a large disk. I used a rolling pin to help.
- Stamp the dinos into the play-dough and place nearby for kids to match.
More matching activities
Try this super fun Object Match Scavenger Hunt!
Kids will love this Bandaid Number Match too!
What is my child learning and improving?
- Sensory play (feeling the dinos and play-dough)
- Cognitive skills (observing the imprints of the dinos, comparing, predicting, thinking, analyzing)
- Fine motor skills (picking up the dinos, matching them up, playing with play-dough)
- Hand-eye coordination
Grab some play-dough and make this dino match activity! and if you do, make sure to let us know in the comments if your little ones enjoyed it!