These Ballerina Tying Practice Boards are easy to make and help kids learn how to tie knots and bows in a fun way!
You can essentially do any theme for these. I thought ballerina themed tying practice boards would be right up my daughters alley. She loves them! You can do tying shoe laces, gift box bows, dress waist belt, etc. Do a simple drawing, poke 2 holes and pull any type of ribbon through and you’re all set! Kids will love these.
RELATED: Flower Petal Ballerina Craft
watch this videoAll activities should be supervised by an adult. This post contains affiliate links- this just means I earn a small commission if you purchase via links below, no extra cost to you! Read our disclosure policy here.
- Permanent markers (assorted colors)
- Lace, ribbon or string
- Screw Driver
- Craft knife + mat
- Using the craft knife and mat, cut out rectangles out of the cardboard. Approximately 4″ x 5″. THIS STEP IS FOR ADULTS.
- Next, using the colored permanent markers (you could use crayons or colored pencils), draw simple pictures on each cardboard rectangle.
- Using the screw driver, carefully poke 2 holes close together where you want the ribbon to be. THIS STEP IS FOR ADULTS.
- Lastly, thread the lace, ribbon or string though the holes.
Let the kids play around with the practice boards. At first, they will probably have no idea how to tie knots and bows, so demonstrate slowly how to properly tie a bow and they will get the hang of it quick!
more fine motor activities for kids
Practice scissors skills with this fun Butterfly Scissors Skills Activity.
Have fun learning letters with this easy Q-tip Letter Tracing Activity!
What is my child learning and improving?
- Fine motor skills (using fingers to tie the ribbon)
- Small fine motor skills (the use of shoulders and wrists involved in tying)
- Hand-eye coordination (being able to loop and thread the ribbon, etc.)
- Focus + concentration
Leave a Reply