Do you save egg cartons? This Egg Carton Wildflower Garden is a fun recycled activity you have to try!
To prep for this activity, you’ll need only 3 materials; an egg carton, a screw driver and a permanent marker…that’s it! Who doesn’t love a quick and easy activity that will have kids explore the outdoors while improving fine and gross motor skills! This activity is wonderful for those warm summer nights and will keep kids of any age happy and learning!
RELATED: 32 Nature Inspired Play Ideas
watch this videoAll activities should be supervised by an adult. This post contains affiliate links- this just means I earn a small commission if you purchase via links below, no extra cost to you! Read our disclosure policy here.
- Egg carton
- Screw driver
- Permanent marker
- To prep the egg carton for the garden, place the egg carton upside down and make holes in each of the sections using a screw driver. The holes do not have to big as the wildflowers usually have thin stems and they can stand up nicely when inserted into the hole if the hole isn’t too big. THIS STEP IS FOR ADULTS.
- Next, using the permanent marker, write “MY WILDFLOWER GARDEN” across the bottom of the egg carton.
You’re all set! Go explore the outdoors and create your beautiful and unique garden!
more outdoor activities for kids
Make this Cardboard Window Wildflower Craft! It’s so fun and cute!
Try this Nature Scavenger Hunt to explore the great outdoors this summer!
What is my child learning and improving?
- Fine motor skills (picking and inserting the flowers)
- Gross motor skills (kids are walking, running, jumping, bending over to pick the flowers)
- Creativity (this is a great way for kids to get creative using a basic egg carton, arrange the flowers in a certain way, by height, type, color)
We have a Nature Scavenger Hunt printable in our shop! Check it out!
Will you make this Egg carton wildflower garden with your kids?
Leave a Reply