This Pom-pom Sensory Bin is one of the easiest sensory bins you can set up!
All you need is just a few of the most simple materials (most of which you probably have at home) and you have a fun, creative play activity that will keep your child occupied, independent and happy. You can personalize this bin in any way you want! Try various pots and pans, scoops, spoons, ladles, anything you can think of that is safe for a child to play with will work. We even tried freezing the pom-poms by first soaking them in water and freezing overnight for a cooling summer sensory bin!
RELATED: Duplo Washing Station
watch this video for easy play foam recipe tutorial
All activities should be supervised by an adult. This post contains affiliate links- this just means I earn a small commission if you purchase via links below, no extra cost to you! Read our disclosure policy here.
- Large bin (storage bin)
- Pom-poms (assorted sizes are fun)
- Scoops (linked similar)
- Play pots and pans (linked exact)
- Into the bin, add the pom-poms, a little bit of water and all of the scoops and pots/pans.
TIP– Try freezing the pom-poms by placing them in water to soak and laying them out on a tray to freeze. Perfect for summer sensory bins!
more fun sensory bins kids will love
Try this Insect Sensory Bin! Perfect for Spring or Summer.
Do your kids love kinetic sand? Then they will love this Duplo + Kinetic Sand Sensory Bin!
What is my child learning and improving?
- Creativity (kids can choose what color of “soup” they want to make, what size of pom-poms to scoop, etc.)
- Independence (this is an excellent way to keep a child busy and independent)
- Fine motor skills (using the scoops, picking up the pom-poms)
- Hand-eye coordination (scooping the pom-poms with the scoops, spoons, ladles)
- Sensories (feeling the water, pom-poms, building communication and new brain connections)
Leave a Reply