This Tissue Paper Lilac Craft is a simple craft idea using tissue paper.
It’s one of the quickest crafts you can set up for your kids yet keeps them occupied for a long time. All you need is tissue paper, craft scissors, glue and card stock. You probably have most, if not all of the materials at home!
This craft is perfect for Spring and Summer, for flower study units or to use up any odd tissue paper you may have!
RELATED: Earth Craft
watch this video tutorial
All activities should be supervised by an adult. This post contains affiliate links- this just means I earn a small commission if you purchase via links below, no extra cost to you! Read our disclosure policy here.
- Cut the tissue paper into squares, approximately 2″ x 2″. Place into a bowl.
- Using the pencil, make a simple outline of a few branches for the lilacs. This step helps younger kids to visualize where to glue the tissue paper.
To make the lilac:
- Take a piece of the purple/lavender tissue paper, crunch it up just a bit and glue to the white card stock following the outline.
- When you have glued all of your tissue paper, cut out leaves from the green tissue paper and glue on top and between the purple tissue paper to create a bush (you can prep this step before hand).
more tissue paper crafts
Make these lovely peonies using pink tissue paper!
You can also make these beautiful Cherry Blossoms!
What is my child learning and improving?
- Fine motor skills (grabbing the tissue paper and crunching it up, gluing to the white card stock)
- Hand-eye coordination (gluing the tissue paper)
- Independence and focus
MAke this tissue paper lilac craft today!