This Rocket Pop Up Father’s Day Card is a super cool card any father would love!
This card may look complicated but it’s not! The steps are super easy making this the perfect card craft for kids of any age! What makes this card even better is that kids can personalize it any way they want! We did “I love you to the moon and back” on the front cover and “Happy Father’s Day” inside the card. But get as creative as you can!
RELATED: Handprint Father’s Day Card
Watch this video tutorialAll activities should be supervised by an adult. This post contains affiliate links- this just means I earn a small commission if you purchase via links below, no extra cost to you! Read our disclosure policy here.
- Cardstock (assorted colors)
- Craft scissors
- Glue stick
- Gold glitter paper
- Star lever hand punch
- Permanent marker
- Fold one piece of cardstock in half, this will be your card. You can address it on the outside (holding the card so it opens up) with the permanent marker or however you’d like.
- Take another piece of cardstock, fold it in half and trim a bit around the edges.This will go inside your card.
- Using scissors, make 2 slits, approx. 1.5 inches deeps and an inch apart, in the middle of the cardstock at the folded edge. Fold the slits into the card so they create a base for your pop up. Glue to the inside of the first folded cardstock.
- Next, get creative! Using assorted colors of cardstock, pick and choose the colors for your rocket. You’ll need to cut out the rocket itself and 2 wings, construct and glue.
- Now using the glitter paper, cut out the flames and glue to the back of the rocket.
- Glue the rocket to the part of the card that pops inward.
- Using the gray cardstock, cut out a moon and glue inside the card.
- Using the star maker and glue the stars around the rocket. You can glue some stars to the front of the card too!
- Lastly, address the card with any message you’d like!
more fun crafts for kids
If you have odd bits of sidewalk chalk, don’t toss them, create super fun Crushed Chalk Art!
Or try this super easy Match Game using cardboard and stickers!
Leave a Reply