Want a quick and easy experiment that is appropriate for toddlers and preschoolers? This super fun Milk Experiment is it!
This experiment is so easy to prep, requiring minimal supplies of which many you probably have at home (if not all!). Kids are going to be super excited when they see the milk disperse quickly and blend the colors of the food dye together. Try this activity for a quick boredom buster any day!
RELATED: Paper Towel Tie Dye Activity
WATCH THIS VIDEO TUTORIAL
All activities should be supervised by an adult. This post contains affiliate links- this just means I earn a small commission if you purchase via links below, no extra cost to you! Read our disclosure policy here.
- In a small bowl, add a little bit of dish soap and water (equal proportions) and prepare the dropper.
- Add milk to the plate so it covers the bottom.
- Now, drop a few drops of the food dye all around the milk. Use 2 or more colors for beautiful color mixing.
- Using the dropper, add drops of the dish soap/water mix straight into the drops of food dye and watch the colors disperse and mix!
More experiments for kids
Try the good old baking soda and vinegar Fizzing Ice Cubes Activity!
Have fun with this Paper Towel Dye Experiment!
What is my child learning and improving?
- Fine motor skills (adding the food dye, using the dropper)
- Experiments (this is a wonderful quick and easy experiment for toddlers and preschoolers!)
- Learning about color combinations
- Hand-eye coordination (adding the dish soap/water into the center of the food dye)
Leave a Reply