This Tissue Paper Peony Craft is simple enough for toddlers to make yet looks fancy, beautiful and unique!
All you need is a few supplies, like tissue paper, craft scissors and pipecleaners! That’s it. You can make these beautiful peonies with your kids this Spring or Summer and they look great, well…for a really long time! Kids will love this craft; picking their own colors for the peonies, following the simple steps and creating flowers with tissue paper. Who would have thought that you can create something so pretty using gift packing supplies!
Pair this craft with the amazing “We are the Gardeners” book by Joanna Gaines!
RELATED: Earth Craft
Watch this video tutorial!
All activities should be supervised by an adult. This post contains affiliate links- this just means I earn a small commission if you purchase via links below, no extra cost to you! Read our disclosure policy here.
- We are the Gardeners by Joanna Gaines
- Begin by folding the tissue paper to get at least 4 layers.
- Using a pencil, trace the lid onto the tissue paper and cut out.
- Poke the pipecleaner through the pieces of tissue paper all at once to thread and then poke again to thread back. If you have a lot of tissue paper layers, you might need to carefully use the scissors (or a skewer) to make two holes and then thread the pipecleaner through.
- Next, line up the ends of the pipecleaner and twist them between each other to make a stem for the flowers.
- Lastly, pick up the top layer of the tissue paper and scrunch it up gently. Repeat with the rest of the tissue paper layers to make a nice, full-looking flower.
Repeat the steps to make more flowers, using different tissue paper color!
More crafts for kids
Use tissue paper to make these beautiful cherry blossoms!
Create these lovely caterpillars too!
What is my child learning and improving?
- Following steps
- Fine motor skills (holding the pipecleaner, poking it through the tissue paper, twisting the pipecleaner, scrunching the tissue paper)
- Being careful (this craft requires little fingers to be gentle and careful, which is a great skills to have!)