This Gardening Sensory Bin is a really fun one! It’s super easy to set up and you can literally use anything you have around the house!
Sensory bins are great! My kids love them so much, they can play with one every day for an hour or longer. No kidding! It keeps them occupied and happy. And this Garden Sensory Bin is officially our new favorite!
You’ll need a bin, dry beans, artificial (or real!) flowers, any type of scoops and flower pots. This sensory bin is very versatile and kids will love it just the way you make it!
RELATED: Flower Petal Art
WATCH THIS VIDEO TUTORIAL!All activities should be supervised by an adult. This post contains affiliate links- this just means I earn a small commission if you purchase via links below, no extra cost to you! Read our disclosure policy here.
Materials for gardening sensory bin:
- Arrange everything into the bin and it’s ready to go!
More sensory bin ideas you’ll love
Try this Duplo + Beans Sensory Bin, very quick to set up and inexpensive!
This Insect Sensory Bin is another lovely sensory play idea for kids!
What is my child learning and improving?
- Creativity and imagination (kids can come up with their own floral arrangements, color combos)
- Sensory play (language, feeling the texture of the beans)
- Fine motor skills (scooping, picking up the flowers, sticking them into the pots)
- Independence (this activity is great at keeping kids busy and occupied, you’ll see for yourself!)