This Recycled Ant Craft is the perfect recycled craft idea for kids.
It’s easy, fun and great for both toddlers and preschoolers! Kids will love using an egg carton to create their own little insect. Pair this craft with this amazing The Life and Times of an Ant book for a fun educational activity. This book is amazing and super informative. Kids of all ages will love it!
RELATED: Recycled Bee Craft
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE THIS VIDEO TUTORIAL!
All activities should be supervised by an adult. This post contains affiliate links- this just means I earn a small commission if you purchase via links below, no extra cost to you! Read our disclosure policy here.
- Egg carton
- Craft scissors
- Liquid school glue
- Googly eyes
- Black washable kids paint
- Pipecleaners (black)
- Using the craft scissors, cut the egg carton so you get 3 sections in a row (this step is for adults).
- Paint the egg carton sections black. Let dry.
- Once your ant is dry, glue on the googly eyes.
- Using a skewer or craft scissors, make 3 holes on each side in the last two sections of the ant (this step is for adults).
- Cut the pipecleaner into about 2″ strips and secure 6 of them for the legs into the holes you made.
more egg carton ideas
Try a fun sorting activity using an egg carton!
This Planting Seeds Activity is a perfect Spring and Summer activity for kids.
What is my child learning and improving?
- Hand-eye coordination (holding the paintbrush and painting the ant)
- Creativity and imagination
- Small/fine motor skills (holding the paintbrush, painting, bending the pipecleaners, gluing the googly eyes)