This Button Number Match Activity is so simple and quick to make, you’ll have a fun educational activity set up for your little learner in no time.
Because this is a recycled activity, you’re saving money, materials and actually upcycling something that is usually just thrown in the trash. You’ll need an egg carton, a variety of buttons and a permanent marker. It will take you no more than 3 minutes to prep, I guarantee you 🙂
RELATED: Egg Carton Color Match Activity
Watch this video tutorial for some inspiration!
All activities should be supervised by an adult. This post contains affiliate links- this just means I earn a small commission if you purchase via links below, no extra cost to you! Read our disclosure policy here.
Materials for Button Number Match ACtivity:
- Using the permanent marker, write out numbers 1-12 on the bottom of each egg carton section. If you’re using an 18 section egg carton, use numbers 1-18.
- Prepare the buttons by pouring them into the egg carton lid.
More number activities for kids
This Pom-pom Caterpillars Counting Activity is super easy to prep and oh so fun!
This Number Weave Activity is a great way for kids to remember the order of numbers!
What is my child learning and improving?
- Numbers (a child will familiarize and memorize the order of numbers, their appearance as well as help with counting)
- Fine motor skills (grasping the buttons with fingers)
- Hand-eye coordination (placing the buttons into each section)
This activity is awesome at keeping the kids busy! If you use a larger 18 section egg carton then you can use numbers 1-18 which will keep the kids busy even longer!