This Dandelion Lion Craft is a fun way to use up a piece of cardboard and make something beautiful using nature around us!
Kids will love going on a hunt for dandelions and collecting them to make a bushy mane for their lions! The steps for this craft are super easy, making this craft appropriate for the little ones too! Kids will adore their finished dandelion lions!
RELATED: Cardboard Window Wildflower Craft
Watch our video tutorial for some inspiration!
All activities should be supervised by an adult. This post contains affiliate links- this just means I earn a small commission if you purchase via links below, no extra cost to you! Read our disclosure policy here.
materials for Dandelion Lion Craft:
- Craft scissors
- Permanent marker or crayons
- Liquid school glue
- Googly eyes (optional)
- Cut the cardboard into a circle using the craft scissors.
- The fun part! Go outdoors on a hunt for dandelions! Collect as many as you can find so you can make a nice, bushy mane for the lion!
- Glue the dandelion flowers all around the edge of your cardboard circle. Let the glue firm up.
- Using the permanent marker or crayons (brown or black) draw a simple face for the lion. Add googly eyes if using.
more cardboard crafts for kids
Make beautiful floral dresses for ballerina’s with this Flower Petal Ballerina Craft!
Do you have bubble wrap at home? Make these Bubble Wrap Rainbows!
What is my child learning and improving?
- Gross motor skills (going outside and finding the dandelions is super fun and incorporates a bit of physical movement into a craft!)
- Creativity (using nature in crafts, coming up with a face for their lion)
- Fine motor skills (picking up the dandelions, gluing, drawing a face for the lion)