Mother’s Day is coming up and this Mother’s Day Dandelion Card Craft is a wonderful way to tell them how much you love them!
It’s quite simple to make, so even the littlest ones can follow along. They’ll love using the q-tips to make the dandelion which makes this card craft a unique one!
RELATED: Coffee Filter Easter Sunrise Card
Watch the full tutorial here!
All activities should be supervised by an adult. This post contains affiliate links- this just means I earn a small commission if you purchase via links below, no extra cost to you! Read our disclosure policy here.
Materials needed for mother’s day dandelion card craft:
- Cardstock (yellow)
- Washable kids paint
- Craft scissors
- Permanent marker
- Fine point permanent marker
- Begin by folding the yellow cardstock in half and trim to make a card (my cardstock sheet was square so I trimmed it a bit).
- Using the permanent marker draw a stem for the dandelion and a middle.
- Next, using the fine point permanent marker, draw dandelion lines all around the middle.
- Place a bit of desired paint onto a plate and use the q-tips to paint the ends of the dandelion lines. Alternating between several colors makes these dandelions sweet and unique!
More q-tip activities!
Kids will love these DIY Q-tip Color Dominoes!
Try this Q-tip Number Tracing Activity for a fun number idea!
What is my child learning and improving?
- Fine motor skills (holding the q-tips and painting, stamping)
- Creativity (kids can write their own little messages inside the cards)
- Focus and concentration
- Hand-eye coordination (stamping the q-tips at the tips of dandelion lines)