This Tape Resist Cross Craft is a fun Easter craft idea for kids.
You’ll need only a few supplies and a bit of creativity to make these beautiful Easter crosses! The process is super fun too! Kids will love making a cross out of the tape and then choosing their own colors for the background. Of course the best part is to take the tape off and reveal the Easter cross!
RELATED: Watercolor Star Craft
All activities should be supervised by an adult. This post contains affiliate links- this just means I earn a small commission if you purchase via links below, no extra cost to you! Read our disclosure policy here.
materials for Tape Resist Cross Craft:
- Begin by making a cross (out of two strips of masking tape) on the watercolor paper.
- Next, paint around the tape using any color combinations (for sunrise use yellows and oranges). Let the paint dry.
- Once the paint dried, carefully peel away the tape to reveal your beautiful cross!
More Easter Activities for kids
Try this Easter Egg Number Hunt and watch the quick video tutorial too!
Make these beautiful Easter Sunrise Cards using coffee filters!
What is my child learning and improving?
- Fine motor skills (taping the cross, holding the paintbrush)
- Creativity (choosing what colors to use)
- Concentration and focus
TIP- talk about Easter while doing this craft! Kids will love listening to the story of Easter and what Jesus did for each one of us and what the cross represents!
Make this fun Tape Resist Cross Craft this Easter!