This Pipecleaner Designs Activity is a quick and easy way to keep your little ones busy and happy!
If you have a cardboard box at home, this activity should be a breeze. With a few additional craft supplies, you’ll have a fun and educational activity ready in no time to keep your kids busy.
This activity is great in many ways! Kids are learning to copy a design by bending the pipecleaner to get it just right. It consumes their focus and concentration, improves cognitive skills, builds independence and much more! Take a look below to see exactly which areas are being developed and how!
RELATED: Button Patterns Activity
All activities should be supervised by an adult. This post contains affiliate links- this just means I earn a small commission if you purchase via links below, no extra cost to you! Read our disclosure policy here.
materials needed for Pipecleaner Designs Activity:
- Cut the cardboard into squares (about 4 x 4).
- With the colored permanent markers, draw different designs on the cardboard squares (spirals, zig-zags, etc.). You can match the color of the design to the pipecleaner for even more fun!
- Prepare the cardboard squares with the designs along with pipecleaners for the child to use.
What is my child learning and improving?
- Fine motor skills (bending the pipecleaners)
- Cognitive skills (thinking, analyzing each design, predicting its patterns, etc.)
- Focus and concentration
watch this video for more fun
You’ll love these fine motor skills activities too!
Threading is an excellent way to strengthen those little fingers…plus it’s fun and looks cool!
This Ribbon Cutting Tray is super quick to prep and you don’t need anything fancy to set up this tray!
Leave a Reply