This Dinosaur Oobleck Sensory Bin is an easy and entertaining sensory play idea for kids.
Do your kids love toy dinosaurs? If they do, then they will love this ooey-gooey sensory play idea! It’s a great way to explore textures and spark their creativity and imagination. To make the Oobleck, you’ll need only a few basic kitchen staples, so don’t worry…this activity doesn’t take long to prep at all, including making the oobleck.
My kids loved covering the dinosaurs with oobleck, digging them out and covering them up again. They had a blast and I was happy they stayed so content and busy for such a long time 🙂
RELATED: Safari Sensory Bin
All activities should be supervised by an adult. This post contains affiliate links- this just means I earn a small commission if you purchase via links below, no extra cost to you! Read our disclosure policy here.
materials needed for DINOSAUR Oobleck sensory bin:
- Oobleck (try our super easy oobleck recipe, it’s taste-safe!)
- Toy dinosaurs (similar)
- Tray with rims or bin
- Prep the oobleck if you haven’t yet, it will only take a few minutes to mix it up.
- Pour the oobleck into your tray or bin and add the dinosaurs, greenery and rocks.
What is my child learning and improving?
- Cognitive skills (speech, thinking, playing, pretending)
- Creativity (making up stories and scenes)
- Fine motor skills (playing with the toy dinosaurs, oobleck)
- Sensory play (feeling the oobleck, dinosaurs)
- Independence (this activity is great at keeping your child independent and busy)
You’ll love these sensory play idea too!
Try this Duplo and Beans Sensory Bin!
If your kids love kinetic sand then they will love this Duplo and Kinetic Sand Sensory Bin!