This Duplo + Kinetic Sand Sensory Bin is an easy sensory play idea that will keep your toddlers at play for a long time!
It’s super easy to set up, in fact you only need a tray, kinetic sand and some Duplo pieces. That’s it! Simple to prep but so good at keeping the kids wonderfully engaged and busy giving you the free time you need. I love this sensory bin and usually set it out for my kids if I need to prep a meal, clean around the house or grab a bite my self. It works like a charm!
Kinetic sand is amazing (if you haven’t tried it yet)! And my kids are ready to play with it any time. But adding a few unique “add-ins” takes this, pretty simple sensory bin, to a whole new level.
RELATED: Duplo + Bean Sensory Bin
All activities should be supervised by an adult. This post contains affiliate links- this just means I earn a small commission if you purchase via links below, no extra cost to you! Read our disclosure policy here.
materials needed for Duplo + Kinetic Sand Sensory Bin:
- Place the kinetic sand and Duplo pieces into the tray and done!
What is my child learning and improving?
- Sensory play (playing with the different textures of the sand and Duplo’s)
- Independence (this activity is wonderful as independent play activity)
- Focus + concentration (allowing the kids to work with only a few materials improves their focus!)
- Fine motor skills (picking up the Duplo pieces, stuffing them with the Kinetic sand)
More simple sensory bins for kids
This Insect Sensory Bin is fun and simple to set up! Pair it with this amazing Usborne Questions and Answers about Nature book for more excitement!
Try this Safari Sensory Bin too!
Nancy Russell says
I am wondering where you bought the sensory box you are using with the sand? Is there a place to purchase the complete sand sensory idea above?
Hi, it’s a box from some sort of toys my kids had. I haven’t come across any sensory play kits, but I’m sure there are! If you find any let me know 🙂