This Duplo + Kinetic Sand Sensory Bin is an easy sensory play idea that will keep your toddlers at play for a long time!
It’s super easy to set up, in fact you only need a tray, kinetic sand and some Duplo pieces. That’s it! Simple to prep but so good at keeping the kids wonderfully engaged and busy giving you the free time you need. I love this sensory bin and usually set it out for my kids if I need to prep a meal, clean around the house or grab a bite my self. It works like a charm!
Kinetic sand is amazing (if you haven’t tried it yet)! And my kids are ready to play with it any time. But adding a few unique “add-ins” takes this, pretty simple sensory bin, to a whole new level.
RELATED: Duplo + Bean Sensory Bin
All activities should be supervised by an adult. This post contains affiliate links- this just means I earn a small commission if you purchase via links below, no extra cost to you! Read our disclosure policy here.
materials needed for Duplo + Kinetic Sand Sensory Bin:
- Place the kinetic sand and Duplo pieces into the tray and done!
What is my child learning and improving?
- Sensory play (playing with the different textures of the sand and Duplo’s)
- Independence (this activity is wonderful as independent play activity)
- Focus + concentration (allowing the kids to work with only a few materials improves their focus!)
- Fine motor skills (picking up the Duplo pieces, stuffing them with the Kinetic sand)
More simple sensory bins for kids
Try this Safari Sensory Bin too!