This Recycled Bird’s Nest Craft is a great way to use up a regular, good old paper bag in a new and unique way.
Recycled materials save a run to the craft store and save money. Seriously guys, even paper bags work awesome for crafts!
For these Bird Nests you’ll need some basic craft supplies and with a few simple instructions your kids can create these sweet and adorable little nests. When the nests are finished, get creative! Make your own DIY birds or add a little artificial bird. This Recycled Bird’s Nest Craft is the craft for Spring.
All activities should be supervised by an adult. This post contains affiliate links- this just means I earn a small commission if you purchase via links below, no extra cost to you! Read our disclosure policy here.
materials for Recycled Bird’s Nest craft:
- First, cut the rigged part off the paper plate all around using the craft scissors. You’ll be left with a circle, approx. 4″ in diameter (you can also cut a circle out of white or brown cardstock).
- Next, cut the paper bag into strips (about 3″ long). Cut as many as you can.
- Glue the paper strips onto the paper plate circle in various directions to create the look of twigs and branches. Let the glue and the strips dry.
- Decorate the nest with twigs, leaves or which ever nature finds you can find outdoors!
Add your birdies and eggs into the nest to make an adorable little centerpiece or Spring decoration.
what is my child learning and improving?
- Fine motor skills (picking up the strips of paper bag strips, using the glue)
- Following directions (this craft is perfect for both toddlers and preschoolers!)
make this adorable recycled bird’s nest craft next time you’re crafting and let me know in the comments if you and your little ones enjoyed it!