Welcome Spring with this Coffee Filter Butterfly Craft!
These lovely butterflies are made from coffee filters which allow the watercolors to blend beautifully making each butterfly unique and individual. Add a bit more glamour with glitter and your butterfly is ready to fly!
RELATED: Doily Butterfly Craft
All activities should be supervised by an adult. This post contains affiliate links- this just means I earn a small commission if you purchase via links below, no extra cost to you! Read our disclosure policy here.
materials for Coffee Filter Butterfly Craft:
- Coffee filters
- Popsicle sticks
- Liquid school glue
- Glitter (assorted)
- Hot glue gun + glue sticks
- Pipecleaners (assorted)
- Craft scissors
- Paper plate (optional but keeps the some mess contained)
- Begin by placing the coffee filter onto the paper plate and paint the coffee filter using the watercolors/paintbrush. Let dry (these dry super fast).
- While the coffee filter is drying, decorate the popsicle stick. Spread the liquid glue using a clean paintbrush onto the popsicle stick and sprinkle with glitter. Working on a paper plate helps with clean up!
- Once the coffee filter has dried, fold it in half and use the craft scissors to trim to make butterfly wings.
- Choose a pipecleaner and trim to make antennae.
- Next, use the glue gun (STEP FOR ADULTS) to glue the wings to the under side of the popsicle stick. Glue the antennae.
More spring crafts and activities for kids
Make these Easter Sunrise Cards using coffee filters!
Nothing welcomes Spring more than this Insect Sensory Bin!
watch this video
What is my child learning and improving?
- Fine motor skills (using the glue, glitter, paintbrush)
- Following directions (this is a wonderful craft idea with simple, easy-to-follow instructions perfect for even the littlest ones)
- Hand-eye coordination