This Bee Counting Activity is a quick counting activity you can set up in under 5 minutes!
Who loves recycled crafts? I do! If I have a piece of cardboard box I’ll put it to good use for sure. And this counting activity I’m sharing with you today is one of those super simple, low-prep idea anyone can do. You’ll need a piece of cardboard, some bee stickers and scissors, that’s all!
RELATED: Ladybug Counting Activity
All activities should be supervised by an adult. This post contains affiliate links- this just means I earn a small commission if you purchase via links below, no extra cost to you! Read our disclosure policy here.
materials for Bee Counting Activity:
- Bee stickers
- Craft scissors OR craft knife + mat (use whatever you feel comfortable with, I used scissors)
- Number manipulatives (I got the number cubes from Target Dollar Spot, you can also use a dice)
- Using the scissors (or craft knife) cut out as many honeycombs as you want. I made 5 honeycombs.
- Prepare your number manipulatives and stickers.
The way we did this was we used a cube with different numbers on each side. My 3 year old simply rolled it and the number that was up was the number of bee stickers he had to place on the honeycomb. You can simply use a dice, but I wanted my son to see the number written out.
watch this video
More counting activities for kids
Try this Counting Ladybug Spots Activity!
Combine fine motor skills and counting with this Pom-Pom Caterpillars Counting Activity
what is my child learning and improving?
- Counting (familiarizing with and memorizing the order of numbers)
- Numbers (visually seeing numbers and their quantities)
- Fine motor skills (peeling away and sticking the stickers)
- Hand-eye coordination